Andreas Enge writes: > In the file > libstdc++-v3/src/c++17/floating_from_chars.cc > previous functions have code like this: > #if _GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI > buffer_resource mr; > pmr::string buf(&mr); > #else > string buf; > if (!reserve_string(buf)) > return make_result(first, 0, {}, ec); > #endif > > while here we only have: > buffer_resource mr; > pmr::string buf(&mr); > > So my guess would be that we should simply replace this snippet with the > one above. > > Could someone with access to a powerpc machine try out this change? Thanks for figuring this out Andreas! I've managed to apply this change in the relevant place, and it appears to work. I tried to apply it in a way that only affected powerpc64le-linux, but I'm not sure I was successful. I've got no idea where it's best to apply this patch, or how describe it, but at least this is a step forward.