Ludovic Courtès (2014-11-04 01:22 +0300) wrote: > Alex Kost skribis: [...] >> Perhaps "s/The Emacs Editor/The GNU Emacs Manual/"? As it's the most >> common (but not the one) variant in the Emacs Lisp manual, for example here: >> > > OK (I think they should add “The” in emacs.texi.) > >> Also I used "The Emacs Editor" several times in “emacs.texi”. Should I >> replace all instances in this patch or make a separate commit for that? > > Yes, please. Sorry, yes for «replace all instances in this patch» or for «make a separate commit»? I think the latter, so I've attached a patch for that. OK to commit? >> Just out of curiosity. Do you usually prefer "diff" over "ediff"? >> (I find the latter much convenient) > > The default behavior for ediff is to create another frame for control, > and that doesn’t work well with the tiling window manager I’m using. > Also, it’s really a mode that you enter and have to leave afterwards. > So I tend to prefer diff for simple diffs, and I resort to ediff in more > tricky situations (like when I have to compare two .drv files for > debugging, uh! ;-)). Oh, indeed; I forgot about the defaults. Yeah, additional frame and vertical splitting are evil :-) So I use the following settings: (setq ediff-window-setup-function #'ediff-setup-windows-plain ; no new frame ediff-split-window-function #'split-window-horizontally ediff-grab-mouse nil) But the most unpleasant default behaviour for me is that Ediff doesn't restore the previous window configuration. To "fix" it, I use: