David Thompson writes: > Hello again Carlos, > > Carlos Sosa writes: > >> I like the idea of 'guix deploy', and maybe something to propagates >> given configuration files, like 'guix config prepare' and later 'guix >> config apply'. >> >> Now, how can I contribute? work the guix command? >> >> Let me know if you have a specific repository or place to find any work >> done on this. > > I have just pushed a new branch called "wip-deploy" to the official guix > repository. Since this branch is prefixed with "wip-", expect it to be > rebased frequently. There's not much code here yet, but a very simple > prototype has been implemented that supports the creation of local QEMU > VMs. > > To take it for a spin, add something like this to a file, let's call it > "deployment.scm": I've confirmed that the above works and works great. I wanted to play with it with current master, so I rebased the current branch on top of it. It's a mere single patch at the moment, so here's the patch with appropriate conflicts resolved, in case anyone wants to play with it with master (or in case David wants someone else to handle the conflict resolving work for them ;))