iyzsong@member.fsf.org (宋文武) writes: > Chris Marusich writes: > >> Luis Felipe López Acevedo writes: >> >>>> Chris Marusich writes: >>>> >>>> The attached patches add anthy and ibus-anthy. They build OK. >>>> However, >>>> Japanese input is not yet working for me. In fact, ibus itself does >>>> not >>>> seem to be working at all. >>>> >>>> How can I verify that ibus is working on its own? I've tried >>>> installing >>>> ibus by itself into my profile. When I do this, I can run ibus-setup, >>>> and I see a "Japanese" language input option. This is true even when >>>> anthy and ibus-anthy are not installed, which surprised me. I had >>>> expected to find no Japanese language input options at all in >>>> ibus-setup >>>> when anthy and ibus-anthy are not installed. >>>> >>>> In GNOME, there is no ibus menu visible anywhere on my screen, so it is >>>> unclear whether ibus is actually working. When I open Gedit and press >>>> +Space, my input method does not seem to change. According to >>>> ibus-setup, this hotkey should change my input method. However, it >>>> seems like ibus is just not working at all. >>> >>> FWIW, this is what I do on Debian 8 (with GNOME SHELL): >>> >>> - Install ibus, ibus-anthy (or ibus-mozc). >>> - Restart the system. >>> - Go to *System settings → Region & Language*. >>> - Add *Japanese (Anthy)* in Input method. >> >> "Japanese (Anthy)" does not show up as an input method. There are a >> variety of entries (which are present regardless of whether ibus, anthy, >> or ibus-anthy are installed), and none of them mention "Anthy". >> > The exec path in the anthy.xml is wrong, also we need wrap them with > python-pygobject. I fixed that and pushed. > > Thanks! Awesome! Where you able to get this working? I've tried installing it From the version you pushed, and I still can't get it to work. Even when I set all the environment variables mentioned, and I install all the packages (ibus, ibus-anthy, and anthy) to my profile. If you got it working, I'd like to know how so I can set it up on my end, too. -- Chris