Ludovic Courtès writes: > … but I think a number things are written as snippets rather than actual > patches. I think most of the snippets are trivial messing with the gcc __DATE__ and __TIME__ macros. I dug into GCC source code the other day and found this commit: https://gcc.gnu.org/git/?p=gcc.git;a=commitdiff;h=dfa5c0d3f3e23e4fdb14857a42de376d9ff8601c Apparently gcc will respect SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH in these functions from version 7 onwards. We could consider backporting it. Just thought I'd share, I'm sure this was discussed at the summit :-)