On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 09:07:39 +0000, Nils Gillmann wrote: > Mike Gerwitz transcribed 1.8K bytes: >> But as was stated in another thread, once we _do_ have an updated IceCat >> source distribution, we need it packaged for Guix, and that is quite the >> undertaking. Has anyone pursued packaging modern versions of vanilla FF >> in recent months? > > Yes, I have. The outcome was not so much progress because Firefox > starting at a certain version does no longer allow disabling the build > of the rust crates. You then need a way to deal with the "breakage" in > the directory 'thirdparty/rust/' and its subdirectories. > Progress could be achieved with a phase which either records our changes > to the checksum related files or reverts our changes. Thank you for your efforts! -- Mike Gerwitz