Hi Ludo, Sorry for the delay! Ludovic Courtès writes: > In that case though, it probably doesn’t buy us much to use libarchive > in a separate C program, WDYT? Should we just stick to the current > approach that invokes ‘unzip’ and ‘zip’? This seems to be the best choice. Maybe we want to reevaluate when there is a proper ZIP-library for guile. I have attached patches that isolate repack-archive from the ant-build-system and use it for pwsafe. I only builded some java packages so I don't know if something else might be broken because of the changes. Tim.