Michael, Michael Zucchi 写道: > Ok so it seems you're half done already, but I've been plodding > away > (and didn't check my email on my old computer) and have both > building. That's great! Shame about the duplicated effort, but such things happen. > I'm not really sure where to put it or how to compile each part > (it just file-systems.scm if possible. linux.scm is already a bloated grab-bag. For now, you can test each package at a time by adding the variable (e.g ‘jfs_fsck/static’) as the last line of your current .scm file. This will make the file ‘evaluate to jfs_fsck/static’, so you can: $ guix build -f thefile.scm You'll have to change that last line every time you want to change the package being built. You'll need a Guix git checkout to get much further. If you haven't yet done so, read ‘Building from Git’ in the manual and bootstrap yourself some Guix. Then you can copy your 3 package expressions to file-systems.scm, keeping it in alphabetical order or at least not making things worse. After making some small adjustments like adding a license: prefix, you can build your packages with: ~/guix$ ./pre-inst-env guix build jfsutils > build jfsutils, not jfs_fsck/static) and I used the slackware > patches, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Typo that should be the other way 'round? Are you sure that LDFLAGS=-static is needed when using static-package? Here's my aborted static version: ++(define-public jfsutils/static ++ (static-package ++ (package ++ (inherit jfsutils) ++ (name "jfsutils-static") ++ (inputs ++ `(("util-linux" ,util-linux) ++ ("util-linux:static" ,util-linux "static")))))) I got my patches from Debian, but they do the same job. There were others[0] but they weren't vital or relevant to Guix. > but attached is what i have at the moment. I used jfs_fsck for > the > static fsck because that's the default name but it could be > fsck.jfs. > > I started with a definitions of e2fsprogs and it's related > functions > from a linux.scm i found in /gnu/store and based it on that. > > I've a number of built package 'attempts' building up - should I > just > run guix gc to clear them out or will that delete stuff i'm just > going > to need again? It will by default remove the ‘build’ dependencies, yes. I advise against GC'ing unless you desperately need space, and it won't come from a handful of relatively tiny stale JFSutils. Guix also deduplicates the store by default. At file level, even. > (I presume attachments work ok on this list.) Sure. ;; COPYING is gpl3, the headers are gpl2+? That's interesting. Where'd you find gpl2+? Kind regards, T G-R [0]: https://sources.debian.org/patches/jfsutils/1.1.15-4/