Pierre Neidhardt writes: > Konrad Hinsen writes: > >> Guix' ldd has been patched to ignore LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so my prediction >> is that this won't change anything. > > Maybe ldd (I don't know), but I suggest to run SBCL here. It should > work. Sorry for the late update, but this actually does work! Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include all the relevant library directories (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu, /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu) makes CFFI load the library perfectly with no issues, and further steps in the CFFI tutorial work fine too. It was not set by default on my system so I'll add something to my .profile or related to set that on login. Thanks to everybody for their help with this! -- Evan