"LaFreniere\, Joseph" writes: > Efraim Flashner writes: >> We want to have ripgrep as a regular input, so at the point in >> the code >> where it searches through PATH for the rg binary we patch it to >> refer to >> the specific binary. One example of this is in (gnu packages >> emacs-xyz), >> with emacs-nov-el. > > Ah, I see what you mean now. But wouldn't hard-coding the path to > ripgrep in that way prevent the package from being able to use > remote systems' ripgrep binaries when running over TRAMP? Perhaps we could patch it to do both? Use the store prefix if it exists, and fall back to searching in PATH?