Pjotr Prins writes: > Being a core committer is *not* a badge of honour. It does not give > special privileges beyond what is expected. But this may not be true. Quite a few people have expressed otherwise over the years. Maybe an issue is that much of the organizational structure of Guix is implicit. The roles are not well defined and as a result, they may reach beyond what is commonly understood. Some time ago, I was discussing the quetsion of implicit structure with Ludo, who sent me this essay: https://www.jofreeman.com/joreen/tyranny.htm I found it enlightening and quite relevant to the matter at hand. Even if in the end my concerns end up being unjustified, I find it good practice to always question the status quo: maybe something better could come out of it! :) Cheers! -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/