On 2021-06-14, Efraim Flashner wrote: > On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 10:24:13AM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote: >> On 2021-06-07, Efraim Flashner wrote: >> > Last week my HiFive Umatched¹ board came >> ... >> > Ubuntu has an image for the board² which booted up just fine and I'm >> > using, since I didn't want to spend too long getting Debian to run on >> > the board. >> >> I, on the other hand, went straight for Debian, of course! I stole the >> vendor kernel and u-boot and built a Debian rootfs... and after a few >> tries got it running. >> >> live well, >> vagrant > > Do you have notes on what you did? Right now I was thinking of taking > the Ubuntu image, keeping /boot with their kernel and u-boot and > replacing the rest of it with Debian. (And copying the device-tree dtb > files to /boot/firmware/kernel-version) I didn't take notes, but off the top of my head something like this: Booted the OE image that shipped with it on the microSD add partition for new rootfs (cfdisk /dev/mmcblk?) mkfs.ext4 /dev/mmcblkXpY mount -o noatime /dev/mmcblkXpY /mnt git clone https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debootstrap cd deboostrap sudo DEBOOTSTRAP_DIR=$(pwd) ./deboostrap --arch=riscv64 sid /mnt http://deb.debian.org/debian-ports echo 'UUID=... / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1' > /mnt/etc/fstab echo 'tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,nosuid,nodev 0 0' >> /mnt/etc/fstab sudo chroot /mnt adduser vagrant --gecos ,,, sudo chroot /mnt adduser vagrant sudo sudo chroot /mnt passwd vagrant add another entry to /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf using the appropriate root=/dev/mmcblkXpY and/or root=UUID=... Probably missed something, but that's the jist. Then, to build guix... git clone https://salsa.debian.org/debian/guix/ cd guix git remote add originguix https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git git fetch git format-patch -o debian/patches originguix/master..originguix/wip-riscv # add new patches to debian/patches/series # adjust debian/rules and debian/control to use guile-3.0... # build the package! DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS='nocheck parallel=5' sbuild --chroot-mode=unshare -d UNRELEASED -c sid Upgrading to use guile-3.0 required a manually rebuilt guile-gnutls against guile-3.0 as well... Just pushed debian/wip-riscv64 to https://salsa.debian.org/debian/guix/ if you want to look at my most recent attempt. Notably, this is just the wip-riscv patches applied against guix 1.3.0; maybe building against guix master will be more successful? live well, vagrant