all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#50771: guix system search doesn't show system services from channels
@ 2021-09-24  6:58 Andrew Tropin
From: Andrew Tropin @ 2021-09-24  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 50771

Declared system service in (gnu services tmp) in my channel, did guix
pull with the apropriate channels configuration.

System service from (gnu services tmp) can be used in my
operating-system record, but not searchable with `guix system search`.

Do anyone know reasons for such behavior?  Are there any known good
solutions for that problem?

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* bug#50771: guix system search doesn't show system services from channels
@ 2021-09-27 13:27 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2021-09-27 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Tropin; +Cc: 50771

Hi,

On Fri, 24 Sept 2021 at 08:59, Andrew Tropin <andrew@trop.in> wrote:

> Declared system service in (gnu services tmp) in my channel, did guix
> pull with the apropriate channels configuration.
>
> System service from (gnu services tmp) can be used in my
> operating-system record, but not searchable with `guix system search`.
>
> Do anyone know reasons for such behavior?  Are there any known good
> solutions for that problem?

Does it work if, instead of pulling, you run --load-path?

Cheers,
simon

* bug#50771: guix system search doesn't show system services from channels
@ 2021-09-28 10:26   ` Andrew Tropin
From: Andrew Tropin @ 2021-09-28 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zimoun; +Cc: 50771

On 2021-09-27 15:27, zimoun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 24 Sept 2021 at 08:59, Andrew Tropin <andrew@trop.in> wrote:
>>
>> Declared system service in (gnu services tmp) in my channel, did guix
>> pull with the apropriate channels configuration.
>>
>> System service from (gnu services tmp) can be used in my
>> operating-system record, but not searchable with `guix system search`.
>>
>> Do anyone know reasons for such behavior?  Are there any known good
>> solutions for that problem?
>
> Does it work if, instead of pulling, you run --load-path?
>
> Cheers,
> simon

`guix system --load-path=~/work/rde search home` doesn't show the
system service I declared :/

I suspect this problem happens due to implementation:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/services.scm?h=7aea1c112647381c799ce217df1a083f72aab0ba#n200