Hi Ludovic: Ludovic Courtès writes: > Hi Giovanni, > > Giovanni Biscuolo skribis: > >> AFAIU since 2021-01-11 [1] the new official home of emacs-guix is on >> Savannah as a Guix sub-project [2]; Alex Kost agreed [3] and told us >> that: >> >> >> As for me, I will continue to use my version of Emacs-Guix and to adjust >> it for my needs. >> >> >> and that's what he is doing (see below), so now "officially" we have >> /two/ packages named emacs-guix: the official one at Savannah and the >> "personal" one maintained by Alex. > > I’m not sure what “personal” means in this case. Just my personal interpretation of the words "my version" and "for my needs" from Alex :-D... after all Alex's version is now the Guix "official" one (the one we are packaging) > Anyway, the situation is confusing; there’s no point in having two > slightly different variants. I suggest we check with Alex off-list to > get a better understanding of what they want. I agree, thank you for your off-list message, let's wait Alex reply. > Worst case, we can cherry-pick commits from Alex’s copy if Alex > doesn’t want to be involved in discussions around Emacs-Guix or Guix > development. In this worst case, we'll have two different emacs-guix packages, documentation, issue tracking: the situation will continue to be confusing, one of the two emacs-guix "ecosystems" (repo, web page, issue tracking) should be discontinued (or renamed?), IMHO, hopefully with both Alex and John as co-maintainers in one emacs-guix. > Thanks for the heads-up! Thank you all for your work! Gio' -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures