Mathieu Othacehe writes: > Hey, > >> So, I think there's some involvement of grafts that mean you end up >> building things when just trying to compute the derivation. But that's >> as far as I got, I don't really understand why this is the case, or what >> can be done about it. > > Thanks for sharing Chris, I tried to disable grafts, but I was not able > to go any further: > > mathieu@berlin ~$ guix pull -s powerpc64le-linux -v3 --no-grafts ... > guix pull: error: build of `/gnu/store/z7jij9k33bl8dm50zrhy97jxqwylx1s8-compute-guix-derivation.drv' failed > > Maybe we should open a specific bug-report for that particular issue? I think the grafting comes in here [1], within the build-self.scm script, and I think that the --no-grafts argument to guix pull doesn't currently affect the behaviour at that point. 1: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/build-aux/build-self.scm#n350 That's where the patch here [2] comes in, as it makes it possible to control the grafting behaviour at that point, at least enough to demonstrate that there's some change in behaviour. 2: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-02/txtgzexu0El5b.txt