Hi Chris! Thanks for entertaining my questions. Christopher Allan Webber writes: >> So sure, we can run "foo-db gc" occasionally (though system >> administrators sometimes have to run these kinds of commands by hand). >> But what about "foo-db dumpdb"? That's not something we just run on a >> cronjob. You need access to that command. And in order for the command >> to do the right thing, it might need access to the config file. I'm having trouble understanding the motivation here. Can you clarify why it's preferable to model the action as a Shepherd action, even though a mechanism already exists to perform the action (e.g., "foo-db dumpdb")? I don't know a lot about Shepherd (yet!), but it seems like you COULD model the action as a Shepherd action. The question is: WHY would that be better than just performing the action via "the usual" mechanism? If you can provide a more concrete example which illustrates the problem for a specific service/daemon, it might help me to understand where you're coming from. -- Chris