Hi, Christopher Baines writes: > I've had an initial look through these now, sorry it's taken so long! No problem. I was thinking I ought to do some qa and review, myself. > ghc-utf8-light could do with a better description, something a little > more informative. I think I made this better as well as fixing some other descriptions lacking full sentences. > The ghc-sourcemap and ghc-mtl-compat tests are disabled, it would be > good to at least add a comments as to why. I added a comment for sourcemap. I realized mtl-compat's tests and haddocks worked just fine so those are re-enabled. > The ghc-protolude synopsis could potentially be more informative. I think I added some more commentary there. It's a bit tricky since I have not used protolude myself so I am not sure what to provide aside from their stated description. > I think adding specific versions of dependencies for purescript is OK, > but only if they're justified, like if the package only builds with that > version. The justification should also be noted in the purescript > package description. Ah, thanks. Would a comment above the dependencies suffice? The packages won't be searchable since they are not define-public (yet?). > I don't think it's necessary to go through all the custom versions of > packages you've added, but it would be good to at least see if there's > one case where the upstream specification is overly strict, and the > slightly different version from Guix would work. That at least would > provide an example of how to override versions going forward. Ah thanks for the suggestion here. I found one that could be taken from the existing package in (gnu packages haskell-xyz). The rest seemed to be either pinned exactly or too strict to take from guix packages. Thanks for your help and tools! John