Hi. Katherine Cox-Buday writes: […] > I disagree. If propagated inputs are not for this -- making the package > even functional -- what are they for? > > But! I am open to discussion. Propagated inputs could lead to conflicts in a Guix profile. The simplest example I could remember is - you want upgrade package ‘A’ which propagates ‘direnv’, but you cannot because package ‘B’ propagates it too. In this case you need to upgrade both ‘A’ and ‘B’ or delete ‘A’ (or ‘B’). Instead we could make the package functional by substituting in /gnu/store/…-emacs-direnv-…-checkout/direnv.el file ‘direnv--detect’ ("Detect the direnv executable.") procedure which could return a path to ‘direnv’ binary as a string directly without calling ‘executable-find’. WDYT? Oleg.