Hi Maxime, here's a new patch as per your suggestion. I'm removing the code that downloads from the internet, and the call to date for the NOW variable. I also remove the SQLITE_STATIC and SQLITE_TRANSIENT sections in the generated constants.c file, they cause a warning and would have been remove by the original script. I changed the #:tests? keyword to (%current-target-system), but I noticed the tests of the package are now not run anymore when I build the package. Is this expected? I tried to specify a target when building the package, but this gives me the following error: ./pre-inst-env guix build emacs-sqlite3-api --target=x86_64 guix build: error: /home/roman/workspace/guix/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm:5738:4: emacs-sqlite3-api@0.15-0.7cb4b66: build system `emacs' does not support cross builds Do you know how I can trigger the tests when building this package from the command line, or even better from within Emacs? Maxime Devos writes: > [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]] > Roman Scherer schreef op zo 27-03-2022 om 19:55 [+0200]: >> I think my preference would be to go without generating the consts.c >> file, the patch works, it uses the same file the maintainer of the >> packages is using, and I believe it is less brittle. :) > > I don't expect any practical problems but technically it isn't source > code, and rather a binary (or, as GPL words it, ‘object code’), at > least according to the GPL's definition: > > The "source code" for a work means the preferred form of the work > for making modifications to it. "Object code" means any non-source > form of a work. > > , and Guix builds things from source. I don't think constants.c is in > preferred form, rather it seems to be sqlite.h > > Maybe it's not much of a problem here though, I donk't know. > > I don't see the relevancy of what files the maintainer is using. What > does maintainerhood have to do with anything? Well, I was looking at the last time the consts.c has been modified by the maintainer and it was 2 years ago. I was thinking it would be more stable to use the code that ships with the repository, rather than building something from the internet which hasn't been updated for 2 years. But if this file is considered object code, ok. > Greetings, > Maxime. > > [[End of PGP Signed Part]]