Simon Josefsson via Guix-patches via writes: > Doesn't 'git archive' produce a reproducible output from a git > repository for a particular branch and commit? Sorry, git-archive that doesn't include the .git/ sub-directory, so that's not the command you want. I don't know what command you would use. I reckon it should be a git clone, check out a particular commit, reset the branch to that commit, filtering away all other branches, and then do 'git gc --aggresive --prune=now'. If that produces unreproducable results for other unrelated changes to the repository, it would be nice to know how to get rid of them. /Simon