Hi! Maxim Cournoyer 写道: > Simon Tournier writes: >> It is not clear for me why you choose one over the other. From >> my >> current understanding, I would be tempted to always use >> 'package/inherit' and never plain 'inherit'. > > I also got confused by that in the past; Same. I think it's a rite of passage. A questionable one. > The way I process it internally now is this: > > If the inheritance is for *same-source/same-version* variants of > a > package, they should use package/inherit, as any security issues > found > in the parent package should also be applied to that package > (since they > use the same source). Otherwise, plain 'inherit' should be used > (e.g. for newer version variants). That about jives with my intuition. Judging by the (IMO) universal confusion this causes, it is (IMO) spectacularly poorly-named. A docstring doesn't fix that. Could we rename it to something like ‘package+replacements/inherit’? To me, that captures the spirit, without being overly longer. But I'll gladly judge other bikesheds if they lead to a less misleading name. Kind regards, T G-R