Hi Maxim and Ludovic, I'm including you, Ludovic, becaus in the past you requested a similar git hook installation for Guix and maybe you have more info Maxim Cournoyer writes: > Giovanni Biscuolo writes: [...] OK, I really found the wrong examples as Christopher pointed out, but my proposal still holds valid :-D >> IMO we need a way automatically close this kind of bug reports... or am >> I missing something? >> >> Let's avoid manual gardening as much as possible! :-) > > I like the idea! Fine, let's try to do it! >> The first thing we need is a server side git post-receive hook on >> Savannah, I've opened the sr#110928 support request: >> https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?110928 > > It's something that the Savannah folks would need to maintain > themselves, right? Forgot to mention that I'm pretty sure a post-receive server side hook is already running (and maintained) for our guix.git repo on Savannah, it's the one that sends notifications to guix-commits mailing list https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/guix-commits Maybe that server side hook is common to all Savannah hosted projects, but in this case it sould be configurable per-project since the "From:" and "To:" email headers must be project related. ...or that post-receive hook has been installed the Savannah admin of the Guix project? I don't know what is the policy for "custom" server side web hooks: for sure Someoneā„¢ with ssh access to /srv/git/guix.git/hooks/ should /install/ such a script. I've not found any reference to "per project" git hooks in the Savannah documentation (https://duckduckgo.com/?q=git+hook+site%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fsavannah.gnu.org%2Fmaintenance%2FFrontPage%2F&ia=web) I have found many support request mentioning git hooks: https://savannah.gnu.org/search/?words1=git+hook&type_of_search=support&Search=Search&exact=1#options In particular, this support threads: - sr #110614: auctex-diffs emails should be in the same format as emacs-diffs https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=110614 - sr #110594: git push returns "hints" about ignored hooks https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=110594 - sr #110482: Install irker hooks in poke.git https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=110482 - sr #109104: Add Git 'update' hook for Guix repositories https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=109104 Makes me believe that server-side hooks are something that must be installed per-project by Savannah sysadmins >> When I asket I though the best way would be to scan for a string like >> "Close #" in the commit message (the committer should add >> such a string) but probably this can be avoided: the bug can be closed >> when a patch is committed to one of the listed official brances (master, >> core-updates, etc.) > > You mean by simply matching the subject? Maybe that could work. Thinking twice maybe it's better to add a "Close: #" to the commit message. Now... let's find (or develop) such a post-receive hook! Happy hacking! Gio' -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures