Hi Caleb, Caleb Herbert writes: > Hardware: ThinkPad X200 > Firmware: Libreboot 2016 > OS: Guix System > > Expected behavior: > Password prompt. Enter LUKS passphrase. Log into computer. > > Actual behavior: > Password prompt. Enter LUKS passphrase. Select boot option from GRUB menu. Hangs, no password prompt. Enter passphrase (again) anyway: Boots normally. I think this is a combination of two things: first, we currently need to unlock the drive once for GRUB, and then once when Linux boots, hence the two password prompts. This is a known limitation, but the usual workaround of adding a keyfile to the initrd wouldn't work in our case for security reasons: the keyfile would end up in the store and be world-readable, a disaster. Regarding the second prompt being invisible, I think it might be related to the framebuffer initialization for Libreboot since there have been lots of reports about this. I don't know anything myself, but maybe someone else could chime in? Best, -- Josselin Poiret