Ludovic Courtès writes: > The ‘emacs’ package currently doesn’t have a ‘debug’ output. So you > would first need to add one: > > (outputs '("out" "debug")) > > and then install both outputs: > > guix package -i emacs emacs:debug > > See > . Thank you! Very nice documentation. As discussed on IRC it was needed to not use grafts to avoid gdb `CRC mismatch' guix package --no-grafts -i emacs emacs:debug I also set ~/.gdbinit set debug-file-directory ~/.guix-profile/lib/debug and did guix build --source emacs tar xf /gnu/store/wqdh5lxyrkzjhxy2rvs7qsbrd07lw89i-emacs-25.1.tar.xz and set (gdb) directory ~/src/guix/emacs-25.1/src Now I have a full backtrace; attached. I'm not sure how to continue here; I built Emacs from GIT and there the problem is not present. Looking at the diff from 25.1 until HEAD I do not see any obvious patches, neither does the git log point me to one. Greetings, Jan