Danny Milosavljevic writes: > these are two patches I propose we add in order to add > desktop-file-utils to all gtk applications. This means that the > profile hook would pick up the desktop files (as soon as possible). So if I read (guix profiles) correctly, the hook only runs when 'desktop-file-utils' is referenced. Would checking for a gtk reference as well not achieve the same effect? Or is that too expensive? > One patch moves desktop-file-utils from (gnu packages gnome) to (gnu > packages freedesktop). I suggest we apply this patch to all branches > - since they don't change anything in the build. Adding it to 'master' would be sufficient, no? It will be merged to 'staging' and 'core-updates' in due time. I don't see a good reason to move it though, but no strong opinion. Make sure all dependent packages still finds it! > The other patch adds desktop-file-utils as propagated-input to gtk+-2 > (and by inheritance to gtk+ 3, too). That would imply entail all gtk > applications. Therefore, it should only go to core-updates. Not just all gtk applications, but also anything depending on those. Can you add a comment about why we propagate 'desktop-file-utils' from gtk?