myglc2@gmail.com writes: [...] > I don't think you should call them "channels." Why? Only advanced Nix or > Conda users will know what it means. For anyone familiar with Chrome, > Red Hat, or TV channels, the "channels" label works against you: they > have to learn and remember that a Guix channel works differently. These > labels might work better: "Guix Sources" (ala Debian sources list[1]), > "third party sources" or "third party repos". > > WDYT? > > [1] https://wiki.debian.org/SourcesList "Sources" is a very bad name. Especially for search engines. And it also bad for the reference. You will need to specify what is the 'Guix source' all the time you mention it. I think about '~/src/guix' Git repository as I see this. I think the best for understand phrase is a "third party package repository" or "package repositories" for short. Is it too general or could we stick with it? I also like Ricardo's mention 'Guix package collection' on the IRC. Maybe 'Guix collections' will be a good candidate? It's unique unlike 'package repositories', which is good for search. Oleg.