During my first encounter with GuixSD, I could not connect to the Internet for reasons that puzzled me, and I could not find any mention of it in the manual either. At first I assumed I had done something wrong with the setup. I had tried to run wpa_supplicant manually, like I often do on other distributions. It's only later that I understood why wpa_supplicant failed: it was because it was already running! (It's stupid but wpa_supplicant's error messages are extremely misleading.) The manual is extremely scarse about network configuration. Sure enough, if nm-applet is running it's rather straightforward. But for a desktop-environment-less setup and during the install, the default tool is nmcli only (unless another manager is used, but then the user probably knows what they are doing). I don't think any of this is mentioned at all in the manual: I believe something so essential should be very explicitly documented. I suggest we add some examples to the Installation info page, for instance: > nmcli device wifi > sudo nmcli d w connect "foo SSID" password "foo password" Mention that tab-completion can be use to complete SSIDs, which is useful in the event they contain special or invisible characters (trailing spaces are common). We should also hint at the (7)nmcli-examples man page. Unrelated question: why do I need to "sudo" to add a connection? If I recall correctly, nm-applet does not ask for extra privileges (could be wrong though). Comments? -- Pierre Neidhardt