Hi Danny, Danny Milosavljevic skribis: > what happens when the loop reads the pid file when it contains just half of a > numeral? It won't detect it, right? Correct. I’m proposing the addition below to be on the verrrry safe side. WDYT? The weird thing, as I mentioned earlier, is that systemd and Pies do not protect against truncated PID files, and I couldn’t find any “documentation” of the problem on the intertubes. For systemd it’s maybe less of a problem since services are started in a cgroup, I think. Thanks, Ludo’.