Hi Mark, Good points! Mark H Weaver writes: > However, we could provide a Bash shell function (with a different name) > that provides conveniences like this. Users of other shells would not > be able to use the Bash shell function, though. Ideally, we'd provide > shell functions with a similar interface for several popular shells. > I'm not sure if it's worth it, but it could be done. We already suffer from "Bash-specificism" since our "etc/profile" files are written in Bash. It will work for Zsh, but I'm not sure it works for POSIX shell and it does not work for tcsh or Fish shell. As you suggested `guix-activate` could be a shell function that's defined in /etc/profile or anywhere appropriate. We can "switch-case" on the running shell and define `guix-activate` appropriately. This way we could support different shells. -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/