Ludovic Courtès writes: > Christopher Baines skribis: > >> This allows computing a manifest for a specific system. Previously this was >> possible, but only through changing %current-system, which caused the >> derivation to be computed using that system as well (so computing a derivation >> for aarch64-linux on x86_64-linux would require running aarch64-linux code). > > I remember discussing it, but I wonder if I was confused. > > I think you can always do the equivalent of (say): > > guix time-machine -- build -s armhf-linux hello -d > > … where Guix itself is built natively but it then computes a derivation > for a different architecture. > > The equivalent code would be roughly: > > (let ((inferior (inferior-for-channels …))) > (inferior-package-derivation store > (car (lookup-inferior-packages inferior "hello")) > "armhf-linux")) > > Does that make sense? Not really, this is just about manifests for channel instances, so nothing to do with package derivations as far as I'm aware.