Interesting. This reminds me of a puzzling issue I recently had while working on the Nyxt .asd: - (asdf:load-asd "/path/to/nyxt.asd") - (asdf:make :nyxt/quicklisp) The nyxt/quicklisp system would call ql:update-dist and then would fail, saying it cannot find "nyxt/quicklisp" (which it is running!) because ql:update-dist would lead ASDF to somehow forget about the .asd. Adding (asdf:load-asd "/path/to/nyxt.asd") right after ql:update-dist fixes it. I've reworked the whole thing different on Nyxt's master branch, so this is no longer an issue. Maybe there is a hint lurking in there... -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/