Ludovic Courtès writes: > Hi, > > "(" skribis: > >> On Sat Aug 6, 2022 at 9:46 PM BST, Ludovic Courtès wrote: >>> I guess I’m missing some context: is this fixing a bug >>> currently >>> present? (Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere!) >> >> This is one of two patches that fix a problem where any greetd >> greeter >> more complex than agreety hangs on boot, basically rendering >> greetd >> useless. I think the underlying cause is their being unable to >> connect >> to seatd.sock? >> >> At least, that's the symptom I know about. I'm not sure whether >> there >> are others. > > Is there a bug report, and do we have system tests for this > functionality? Problem started with conversation on guix-devel, and related commit. Last message of thread: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-08/msg00021.html I was travelling and missed that change, when I "guix pull && guix system reconfigure"ed at home and realized the problem, I submitted fixes in the form of two patches 56690 and 56699. Then I was asked to open a bug report in guix-devel list, which is: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=56971 > > I admit I know little about greetd and cases where it might be > used. > Having system tests for that would help make sure the relevant > functionality works. There is: make check-system TESTS="minimal-desktop" Patches in 56690 and 56699 now include the tests for this case as well. > > Thanks, > Ludo’.