Hi Mathieu! Mathieu Othacehe 写道: >> What that does is immediately and without confirmation wipe the >> on-disc >> partition table. And its back-up. > > Oops, glad you were able to recover, I was also bitten in the > past. My mistake for insisting on a bare metal test without a throwaway machine handy :-) > The attached patch adds an extra confirmation page before wiping > everything, WDYT? Code looks all right. I'll try it out. Thanks! The help text for users reads, in part: “You can change a disk's partition table by selecting it and pressing ENTER.” Er, I was… expecting that to mean it would pop up a pretty window or something. Is this really a feature? Should it be? I have to be honest: I was extremely let down by the installer UX, *because* I read a lot of the code and can see how much effort went into it. I hate pointing out that the partitioner is at once less useful and more dangerous than (system "fdisk"). :-/, T G-R