Marius Bakke writes: >>> I want to bundle a 'le-certs' package with GNU Guix, and change `guix >>> pull` to know to use the le-certs bundle when pulling from >>> %snapshot-url. For other URLs, users will have to take care of it >>> themselves. >> >> This sounds like a better approach. Also, I did not see this email >> before sending the patch! If you package it up, I can look into >> realizing the package in `guix pull` directly. > > I gave this a go using "nss-certs", but can't figure out how to set > SSL_CERT_DIR (or GUIX_TLS_CERTIFICATE_DIRECTORY) in `guix pull`. The > naive approach of setting the variable before calling > "download-to-store" does not work because %x509-certificate-directory > has already been evaluated. > > I wonder what's the best approach here. Parameterizing this and > propagating it all the way down to (tls-wrap) similar to > #:verify-certificate? could work, but seems awkward. Any suggestions? I made it work with the attached hack. It breaks all conventions by allowing #:verify-certificate? to be a search path for certificates. If it wasn't for the implied boolean nature of "#:verify-certificate?" I would be happy with this solution. But I think setting the GUIX_TLS_CERTIFICATE_DIRECTORY environment variable before pulling in (guix download) would be better.