On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 21:40:19 -0400, Mike Gerwitz wrote: > I'll have to look at what guix/gnu-maintenance.scm does, but: [...] > Rather than get rid of gnupackages.txt completely, I wrote a script last > week to generate it from rec/gnupackages.rec. The formats are largely > the same---it's possible that you can use the recfile directly. > However, if you still need the old format, just run > `make gnupackages.txt`. Ah, I see, it fetches that single file over HTTP. Certainly running `make` (or the underlying gawk script) is undesirable in that situation. Can someone with more knowledge of what this is used for run a couple of tests to see what is broken if you use rec/gnupackages.rec instead? Worst case, I can commit gnupackages.txt until the script can be updated, but I'd prefer to keep generated files out of the repository. pkgblurbs.txt has also been replaced by rec/pkgblurbs.rec. If anyone here also knows of any other external systems pulling from womb, please lmk. I wasn't aware that anyone outside of maintainers@ used that repo, tbh. -- Mike Gerwitz Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer GPG: D6E9 B930 028A 6C38 F43B 2388 FEF6 3574 5E6F 6D05 https://mikegerwitz.com