On 2019-03-17, Timothy Sample wrote: > Vagrant Cascadian writes: >> With libreboot re-installed, it's working for me as well! > > Hooray! > >> I haven't tried just applying the minimal patches and/or configuration >> on top of Guix's linux-libre, but that seems like a logical next step... > > One thing worth trying might be to turn off the patches in PrawnOS > kernel, to see if they make a difference for booting. I think it is > mostly the configuration that is making the difference. So, I threw away the patches and added a config only slightly updated from the prawnos config.... and it boots linux-libre 5.0! It's even proven stable enough to recompile the kernel on the c201 itself... Working for me: keyboard framebuffer console usb cpufreq battery status backlight There's a FIXME for properly fetching the veyron kernel configuration, but otherwise it's looking almost like something worth formally submitting... ? Even more ideal would be figuring out how to use the regular linux-libre package; it might be as simple as just documenting additional modules needed in the initramfs and enabling a few configuration options/modules in the kernel config. To properly make use of it also depends on the depthcharge "bootloader" patches, and the example asus-c201.cfg.tmpl. live well, vagrant