Ricardo Wurmus writes: > LaFreniere, Joseph writes: > >> I think that for now the options are to >> 1. continue using Python2 for Mercurial; >> 2. use Python3 but disable all tests, as Janssen's patch suggests; >> 3. use Python3 but disable the known-failing tests; or >> 4. hold off on updating the package until upstream supports >> Python3 across its entire test suite. >> >> Of those three, I am most in favor of the third option. I would >> be glad to submit a patch that implements it if there is agreement >> to take that direction. > > I agree that option 3 (with a link to the upstream discussion) is the > right way to go forward. That seems orthogonal to the discussed patch though, seeing as tests have been disabled in Mercurial since forever.