On Mon, 13 May 2019, sirgazil wrote: > When I run the game alex4, it has no sound. Running the game from a terminal I see no errors. I'm also not getting any sound. I've found that alex4 writes a log to $HOME/.alex4/log.txt. My log below seems to imply that sound is being successfully initialised though. Alex 4 (v1.2.1) - log file ------------------- Game started with the following commands: alex4 Init routines: initializing allegro installing timers setting color depth (8) allocating memory for off screen buffers allocating memory for high score table 1 allocating memory for high score table 2 entering gfx mode set in alex4.ini (640x480 win) setting window title registering dumb loading data loading options loading hiscores loading original maps loaded 12 maps installing keyboard installing mouse initializing controls initializing joystick/gamepad installing sound DIGI_AUTODETECT selected (-1) loading sound datafile sfx_44.dat not found sfx_22.dat will be used initializing scroller vsync set to OFF init OK! getting map 0 from datafile Running main menu: play selected Starting new game: starting level <0> getting map 0 from map-datafile player quit Running main menu: quit selected Exit routines: unloading datafile unloading original maps destroying temporary map freeing level names saving options saving highscores unloading sound data exiting dumb exiting allegro Done...