Timotej Lazar writes: > Hi, > > these patches improve sdl- and sdl2-mixer: fix dependencies and > configure flags that changed between the two versions, and enable > support for fluidsynth and opus libraries. I tested several dependent > packages, and everything seems to work OK. > > The MIDI backends need additional runtime configuration. Fluidsynth > requires a soundfont to be installed and specified when running a > program that uses sdl-mixer, e.g.: > > SDL_SOUNDFONTS=/gnu/store/…-fluid-3-2.1/share/soundfonts/FluidR3Mono_GM.sf3 > > If this is not set, the bundled timidity backend is used, which can use > the freepats samples. Configuration must be specified since only files > under /etc are checked by default, e.g.: > > TIMIDITY_CFG=/gnu/store/…-freepats-20060219/share/freepats/freepats.cfg > > I’m not sure if and how default values for these vars can be specified > for all programs using sdl-mixer, and I would prefer to leave the choice > of backend to the user anyway. However, we should probably document them > somewhere. Would a comment be enough? Dependent packages can then wrap > binaries to set required paths if needed. > > Alternatively we can add freepats and/or fluid as inputs to sdl(2)-mixer > and patch the source to look for them in the store. > > Thanks! > Timotej > > Timotej Lazar (5): > gnu: sdl-mixer: Use correct inputs for MOD file support. > gnu: sdl-mixer: Remove unused configure flag. > gnu: sdl2-mixer: Fix configure flags. > gnu: sdl-mixer: Enable fluidsynth MIDI backend. > gnu: sdl2-mixer: Enable opus support. > > gnu/packages/sdl.scm | 49 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------- > 1 file changed, 33 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-) Hi, I think these patches might have been merged, so I'm going to close this issue. If this is incorrect, just let me know! Thanks, Chris