Hi, If you try to build Guile 3 without substitutes using any recent version of Guix, it can frequently fail. I had to try about 12 times in a row before it succeeded. The failure simply said "FAIL: check-guile" - I didn't save the build logs, which were lost once the build succeeded. If anyone is interested in debugging, it should be easy to reproduce. Just do this: - Run Guix in a 1-core VM or a similarly slow x86_64-linux system. - Try to build any recent version of Guile 3 using any recent version of Guix. I've seen the failures happen for Guile 3.0.2 and Guile 3.0.4. I observed this on a 1-core VM, so perhaps a slow system exacerbates this bug. This can make running "guix pull" without substitutes tedious, since you have to manually retry many times. -- Chris