Ludovic Courtès skriver: > Hi, > > Leo Famulari skribis: > >> Here's the new major release of FFmpeg. >> >> We can add it right away and move users over to it incrementally as we >> test them — having this new version is useful for people like me who use >> FFmpeg directly. >> >> Also, I always found our FFmpeg packages' use of inheritance to be >> confusing when making changes to them, so I didn't use it here. >> >> * gnu/packages/video.scm (ffmpeg-5): New variable. > > Could you remove input labels? (I think ‘guix style’ can’t help because > of the conditional in the middle.) > > That said, it seems to me there’s a lot of duplication here compared to > version 4. So I’d be in favor of inheriting from that one. I went ahead and pushed this patch in 1cb10f696813ef23678029, with the adjustments Ludo recommended + G-expressions; as well as a follow-up that makes ffmpeg@4 inherit from it. Thanks Leo & Ludo!