Ludovic Courtès writes: > For now, I’m going to go with the solution below, which is to use an > older revision of Guix (one where ‘open-inferior’ was using > ‘open-pipe*’) as the dependency of the ‘cuirass’ package. > > I’m running “cuirass evaluate” manually on berlin to make sure it > actually works. If everything goes well, I’ll push it and reconfigure > berlin later today or tomorrow. To put in an email something I put on IRC earlier. Maybe the store connection caching could be optional when calling inferior-eval-with-store, and that could also switch between using open-pipe* and primitive-fork for starting the inferior process. I'm guessing the use of primitive-fork for starting the inferior process is causing problems with Cuirass in some cases, and it's possible that it'll affect the data service in a similar way as well. I don't think the connection caching actually benefits Cuirass though, since it only calls inferior-eval-with-store once per inferior. Additionally, on the data service side, the caching functionality is actually undesirable as it leads to the inferior process running out of memory, so currently the cache is manually cleared in various places [1]. 1: http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/data-service.git/commit/?id=ff116d5e6437ffb916aa4bc5d1458a142297a900