all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Keyboard layout options not working
@ 2023-12-07  9:48 Lars Rustand
From: Lars Rustand @ 2023-12-07  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello, I'm trying to set the keyboard-layout options in my system
config. I have set the following:

-8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(keyboard-layout (keyboard-layout "us,no" #:options '("grp:switch")))
-8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The above seems to have no effect. However, the same option works fine
when used with setxkbmap like this:

-8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
setxkbmap us,no -option 'grp:switch'
-8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It also works fine if set in `/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-keyboard.conf`
like this:

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "system-keyboard"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"