Hi everyone, Since we're a couple people working on core-updates at the same time, it might be a good idea to coordinate a bit (of course, other volunteers welcome :) ). One conundrum we have for now: glibc 2.38 has a couple of new CVEs, and we have three options: 1) change glibc to track the 2.38 release branch → world rebuild. 2) graft glibc → bad user experience (and we're not supposed to graft outside of master). 3) switch to 2.39 → world rebuild + possibly more work fixing new build failures. glibc 2.39 should hopefully release tomorrow (01/02/2024) What is everyone's opinion regarding those? IMO, option 2 is the one I'd like to avoid, and between 1 and 3 I'd ideally prefer 3 but we don't know yet if there is going to be a lot of breakage because of that (feels like usually it's toolchain updates, not glibc updates that cause them the most). Also, I see that most of the patches that were requested to be merged into c-u (like the big pages for jemalloc) actually got pushed, are there any other (well-tested) ones we can go for at the same time as the glibc rebuild? I will stress that this is about *core* packages now, I feel that it's too late to introduce more complications and delay the update any longer. Best, -- Josselin Poiret