ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > Mark H Weaver skribis: > >> In order to support multiple packages containing CA certs, it would be >> good to handle creation of the single-file cert bundle in the profile >> generation code, analogous to our handling of info "dir" files. This >> would allow us to create additional cert packages (e.g. one for >> CAcert.org). >> >> I think it belongs in the profile generation code for the benefit of >> users running Guix packages on top of another distro, where they might >> not have root access. They can simply set GIT_SSL_CAINFO and >> SSL_CERT_FILE to ~/.guix-profile/etc/ssl/ca-certificates.crt >> >> What do you think? > > It’s a good but as of yet unimplemented idea. > > Although I now realize we could perhaps simple move the > ‘certificate-bundle’ procedure to (guix profile), add the certificate > package to the system profile, and make /etc/ssl a symlink to > /run/current-system/profile/etc/ssl. I've attached patches that implement this. They assume that 993300f and e979e6d are first reverted. Comments and suggestions welcome. It would also be good to add search-path-specifications for SSL_CERT_FILE to 'openssl' and GIT_SSL_CAINFO to 'git' in core-updates, but I'm not sure how best to do that. Would you be willing to do it, Ludovic? Mark