Stephen Webber writes: > As for the permanent user profile, one of the debian patches I applied > changed the functionality for security reason. I'm not certain I have the > expertise to make a correcting decision at this time, especially that is in > line with guix conventions about state. I also don't feel qualified to interpret the potential security issue in the patch, not to build an alternative path based patch that's not at supposed risk. My suggestion is: let's accept the patch now, and if someone can come up with a reason why the Debian-applied patch wasn't needed, we can remove it, or if they can come up with a patch that switches it to paths in the user's home directory, we can do that. WDYT? > On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 9:06 PM, Kei Kebreau wrote: >> When I applied the patch, git complained about trailing whitespace; a >> trivial fix. Those whitespace "errors" were in the original patches we borrowed from Debian, and weren't on any of the lines that patch in new code. Nonetheless the patches seem to apply fine without them, so here's an adjusted patch that fixes that. (It also fixes the commit line, since I forgot to change the underscores to hyphens there in my last patch!) - Chris