Mike Gerwitz writes: > Marius: > > Sorry for the late reply. > > On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 12:27:29 +0100, Marius Bakke wrote: >> Packages are not allowed to write to /var, so to run pcscd on Guix you >> will have to symlink ~/.guix-profile/pcsc/drivers to >> /var/lib/pcsc/drivers manually, until we have a system service for >> pcscd. Can you try that? > > That does indeed work. Thanks. Thanks a lot for testing! :) > Part of this for me is being unfamiliar with how everything in Guix > works, so I'm sure it'll make a lot more sense once I see what service > you come up with and observe its conventions. I haven't started working on this yet, but the idea is to provide a list of drivers in the service definition (with ccid as default), and then symlink each of them to the driver directory before starting pcscd.