Julien Lepiller writes: > Hi, > > I wanted to use adb, so here is a patch to have it in the distro. It > works when ran as root, or if you add some udev rules to your os > configuration. > > An issue I can see with this package is that it is only a part of the > upstream repository, which in turn is only a part of a bigger build > system. Normally, you would download multiple repos and build them all > together to get an android image, and some android tools (including > adb). I don't think we want to build a full android image, so I wrote a > recipe for adb only. > > I took the recipe from archlinux, as well as the patch (android-tools > package: > https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk?h=packages/android-tools, > see build.sh and fix-build.patch). They use clang, but our version isn't > able to build c++ source files (it cannot find includes such as > or ), so I fixed the source to remove clang dialect > in adb/adb_client.h so we can build the files using gcc. > > Archlinux also builds fastboot and mkbootimg. Should I build them along > with adb, or in a separate packages? Wow, go build system and adb in a single weekend, is it Christmas already :) I happen to have a work-in-progress adb expression as well, but creating liblog and libbase as standalone packages. Also creating Makefiles (based on the Debian approach) instead of calling g++ directly. Looking at the attached patch here, I think what's missing in my build is the string.h inclusions. We should join efforts and get this in ASAP! Attaching my patch here. I think having liblog and libbase as separate expressions is cleaner, but creating Makefiles may be unnecessary. WDYT? I also wonder if it's worth adding a snippet to each package source, so that the source derivations only contain the files relevant to each respective package for licensing reasons.