(Originally accidentally sent this to guile-devel@gnu.org ... sorry!) Hiya, I pushed guile2.2-gdbm because it was just a couple of lines and it seemed to work and didn't affect anything. I made a mistake though that I didn't realize until I ran "guix environment --ad-hoc guile-next guile2.2-gdbm-ffi --pure". The trivial-build-system in guile-gdbm-ffi dumps the built module into (string-append out "/share/guile/site/2.0") ... oops! Before I ran --pure, the 2.0 directory was on my load path, and thus I didn't bump into the error. (Maybe I should have asked for review anyway...) I'm trying to think of how to fix this. I have a very kludgy solution attached. I don't feel great about it but I don't know how to signal to the builder whether it's using guile 2.2 or 2.0 otherwise. Thoughts?