Hello Fis, Fis Trivial writes: [...] > * Add --pure option to `guix environment` This is what I do even on GuixSD for Guix's Git repository, too. > Then I tried again the added --pure option to `guix environment`: > $ guix environment guix --ad-hoc help2man git strace --pure > > During the process, following questions were emitted by command-not-found > facility provided by Fedora: > > Install package 'cargo' to provide command 'cargo'? [N/y] n [...] > Even if I answer 'y', those packages won't be successfully installed by Fedora > since I already have them. Installing a missing package by guessing from non-existing command is a Fedora's “feauture” of Bash. I believe this is a reason of following failures. You probably could avoid this by starting a Bash process with bash --noprofile [...] > If I ignore the failure and then try: > $ sudo ./pre-inst-env guix-daemon --build-users-group=guixbuild > > I will be told that sudo command is not availabile. > Adding sudo as a dependency in environment will not work, due to this error: > > sudo: /gnu/store/p1fgwswygbw0fgbnpajdhxb0ylmqa20i-profile/bin/sudo must be owned by uid 0 and have the setuid bit set Please, run 'sudo' not from 'guix environment'. (Press Ctrl+D to exit from an 'guix environment'). [...] Oleg.